The eco-friendly features of green real estate are what make green properties so interesting for the investors and buyers. A simple house with green features can help the homeowner save lots of money by cutting down the need of many resources. For instance, the power saving green features can substantially bring down the electricity bills. Likewise, water saving attributes can ensure reduced water bills and so on. So, next time when you begin hunting for a suitable green property, do look for these green features.
* The property must be properly insulated with recyclable materials. This would make sure that the house does not undergo extreme temperature fluctuations due to the outside climatic conditions. Besides, windows are known to be one of the major culprits here, as they cause transfer of heat and thus, lead to high heating and cooling bills. So, look for a house with double-pane windows with great insulating properties.
* An environment friendly furnace is another feature of green real estate that would allow you to easily and cost-effectively heat the property. Make sure it has an efficient thermostat.
* If a solar water heater is installed in the property, then you can be fully assured of getting hot water throughout the year without spending much. Usually, solar panels last for fifteen to twenty years. To get the most out of them, it is important to clean and maintain them regularly. Also, make sure that they have been installed in a place where they can receive unobstructed sunlight.
* Green properties generally have water saving bathroom fixtures, such as low flow shower heads, water cisterns and faucets. So, see to it that the property you choose has water efficient features. If the house is located in any drought prone place, then you should also make sure that it has a good sized water storage tank or device.
* There should be a backyard, where you can create a nice kitchen garden of your own. Growing vegetables and herbs at home is a great step towards a green lifestyle. Considering this fact, even the architects and builders today design houses with enough space for the kitchen garden.
With growing awareness about environment safety, most people now look for green features when buying real estate. This not only helps them play their role towards the nature, but also enhances the appeal, as well as value, of their property. Though, green homes and offices are usually more cost effective than traditional buildings, there are a few features, like installation of solar panels, wind turbines etc, that may require high set up costs. However, all these features offer many long term benefits in the form of better health and reduced utility bills. So, it does not matter even if one has to pay more for these additional green features. So, look for all these features when purchasing real estate and you are sure to enjoy a great deal.